5.03.2014

Low-Sodium Taco Seasoning

I call it 'taco seasoning', but really, you could use this blend to spice up virtually anything. I don't like to use the pre-made mixes in the grocery stores unless I am in a pinch. The sodium (even low-sodium options) leave me parched after a meal. Try making this easy blend from many ingredients that you have in your spice cabinet.  Fajitas, homemade salsa, or breakfast burritos - you name it - this seasoning will be a staple in your spice cabinet.


I love to get my roommate 'Smitty' in the kitchen. A lover of all things Tex-Mex, she made this recipe stating, "Yup - this is easy!" So, go ahead and assemble this seasoning to create your rendition of the perfect taco. Smitty did. It helps when margaritas pair so nicely with these flavors!


Ingredients:

2 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon oregano
1 3/4 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 dash cayenne pepper

Directions:

1. Mix all spices together. Add desired amount to cooked ground meat, chicken, or vegetables. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment